“I would recommend this course to all airport personnel. A risk-based approach to safety management is based on the fact that there will always be hazards and risks. It is important to have a systematic and proactive attitude towards safety in order to identify and mitigate such hazards and risks before they lead to unwanted incidents.
At the core of effective airside safety is a skilled aviation workforce. On completion of our Safety Management Systems Training course, participants will be able to:
• describe the regulatory frameworks relevant to airport safety
• understand the organizational nature of accidents and incidents
• explain the key safety principles of a Safety Management System and how they differ from traditional approaches to safety
• understand the basic safety processes of a Safety Management System and how they identify hazards and mitigate risks
• describe the major benefits of a Safety Management System
• describe the four primary components of a Safety Management System