Top Leader Board

Research & Development by Kawasaki Motors USA

Home Forums Equipment Research & Development by Kawasaki Motors USA

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jb 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mac
    Participant

I am reaching out to you this morning on behalf of Kawasaki’s Research & Development (R&D) division here in Grand Rapids Michigan. GRFIAA has an agreement with Kawasaki to demo their R&D small riding mower engines on this airports property. They have provided the mowers and only asked that we collect small amounts of data to assist them in their research. This has and will continue to be a great working relationship as it is truly a win/win for both of us.

The reason I am contacting everyone is that they would like, if possible, to establish the same type of relationship with a southern region airport with the obvious benefit of testing their equipment year around. You readers are obviously well connected in the industry and thought that you might know some personnel/airports that would see this as added value.

Please let me know if you have anyone that would take advantage of this opportunity.

Mac
    Participant

Hi Jeff:

Happy Holidays. Great to hear from you.

Sure, I have a suggestion for a southern airport. How about Lakeland Linder in Florida? We did a story on their airside operations last year and I know that they have a nice airside program including mowing that may be a good fit with Kawasaki. Gene Conrad is the director there. Here’s a link to their contact page. I’d give Gene a call. http://www.lakelandairport.com/contact-us

If that doesn’t work out let me know and I’ll see about finding another airport for you.

Best regards,
    Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mac
    Participant

Good Morning Gene,

My name is Jeff McNally, Field Maintenance Supervisor @ GRFIIA in Grand Rapids Michigan. Please take a look at this emails contents given to you for your consideration. Pail Bowers was kind enough to provide your name with thoughts that this may interest Lakeland airport. I am attaching Troy Smith’s ( Kawasaki’s Engineering Manager) email address so that you may correspond directly with him.

Regards,

Jeff McNally

Attachments:

Mac
    Participant

Happy Holidays to you as well Paul. I just sent Gene an email in this regard. Hope all is well and I sincerely appreciate your assistance. Should Lakeland not work out, I thank you for offering to dig a little deeper into this.

Regards,

Jeff

Attachments:

Mac
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for all of your efforts. I really appreciate it. Chris Hallstrand at Lakeland Airport contacted me (Paul’s recommendation). We had a great conversation and it sounds like they are willing to work with us. It appears they are a smaller airport than Gerald R Ford but still run 2 or 3 ZTRs full time. This should meet our needs but we may have a greater need in the future, so I am open to additional opportunities.

Mac
    Participant

Kawasaki does not make lawn mowers, we make the engines that go into the mowers, we are not looking to sell any products to Gerald R. Ford Airport Field Maintenance, However partnering with Kawasaki will provide an opportunity to evaluate multiple different mowing platforms from a performance, efficiency and maintenance standpoint. Field Maintenance would receive machines on loan at no charge and in many case would be paid to put engine hours on the machine. Kawasaki would benefit by validating new engines and analyzing any failure prior to our release to production, as well as minimize our cost to test engines. I really feel this is a Win Win for both parties.

Mac
    Participant

Phil & Brian –
    This is a great opportunity for us, and for Kawasaki. We will have the ability to try out their prototype equipment without having to buy it, and Kawasaki gets direct feedback from users. Kawasaki also gets the benefit of our staffs ideas for improvement during the R&D stage allowing for final production to be a more complete piece of equipment. Not sure if they are looking for property to build a plant; we are checking into that and will keep Joel informed if that is the case.
    Tom

jb
    Participant

How do I get a hold of Kawasaki Motors? I would like to tour their R&D facility.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Boschung Header & Footer