January 8, 2018 at 5:44 AM #4939Jeff McNallyKeymaster
City of Chandler 27 reviews – Chandler, AZ
$25.85 – $35.16 an hour – Full-time, Contract
The City of Chandler is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of AIRPORT OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR at the City of Chandler Airport.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to supervise the daily operations of the City of Chandler’s Municipal Airport, which includes overseeing the duties and staff related to the safety, operations, maintenance and security of the airport. This position is also responsible for plan review, construction oversight and monitoring contract compliance for airport construction and capital improvement projects. This class is may be called out to emergencies and must be able to work overtime including nights and weekends as required.
Essential Functions (list not exhaustive):
• Oversees, supervises and participates in the safety, operations, maintenance and security of the airport; maintains the Chandler Municipal Airport to meet Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and advisory circulars for airport operations;
• Responsible for overall response to aircraft emergencies, (working with Fire, Police, Air Traffic Control, and the FAA), tower equipment failures, facility equipment failures, airfield navigational aides, airfield lighting failures, building/structure emergencies, pavement failures, hazardous material incidents and related emergency situations;
• Schedules and prioritizes work assignments; monitors status of work in progress; coordinates projects and work activities with other divisions, departments, contractors; confers with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise;
• Reviews and inspects the work of staff to assure the work quality, and timely completion of assigned duties and responsibilities;
• Supervises and evaluates assigned staff, addresses employee concerns and problems, counsels, disciplines and completes performance appraisals; conducts interviews and makes hiring recommendations;
• Oversees airport safety and security inspections for compliance with federal, state, and local airport rules and regulations;
• Oversees and participates in a wide variety of construction, maintenance and repair work for airport buildings, hangars, pavement, airfield lighting, security lighting, security fencing, aviation fuel storage and dispensing, as well as other facilities and grounds;
• Oversees and participates in variety of maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and inspection work for the high voltage constant current airfield lighting systems including large diesel emergency generators and airfield constant current regulators; runways, taxiways, obstruction lighting, navigational aids, airfield signage along with various security and general lighting on the airport for safety;
• Monitors work environment and ensures compliance with safety procedures;
• Issues and files Notices To Airmen (NOTAM) to report activity or conditions affecting flight operations, and communicates with air traffic control tower staff to provide coordination on related issues;
• Develops, implements and trains staff; instructs staff in regulations, codes and work techniques and the proper use and maintenance of all equipment;
• Coordinates design and execution of construction projects including plan review, inspection, and contract compliance; coordinates with city staff, engineering consultants, and contractors;
• Notifies pilots, tenants and businesses of work being performed; responds to citizen complaints, and property damage claims, then suggests and recommends corrective measures as necessary to resolve issues;
• Prepares daily activity reports, including complaint resolutions, maintenance and repair logs, vehicle inspection forms, aviation fuel sales records, and other technical and statistical documentation;
• Oversees and monitors work of contractors, inspects work to ensure quality and compliance with terms of contracts and regulatory compliance, reviews contractor price quotes;
• Tracks and maintains all licenses, permits and certificates necessary to keep airport in regulatory compliance with federal, state, county and local laws;
• Prepares written manuals related to operations and maintenance of airport, emergency response, and planning; communicates with police and fire departments and air traffic control staff to coordinate on emergency response issues;
• Maintains inventory of fuel for resale, equipment and supplies: ensures availability of adequate materials to conduct work activities; approves and/or initiates orders for new/replacement materials;
• Performs various administrative tasks; establishes operating procedures and standards; provides budgetary input; monitors expenditures; reviews purchase requisitions or expenditures of assigned staff and reviews time sheets;
• Oversees the general cleaning/maintenance tasks necessary to keep vehicles, equipment, and tools in good operating conditions;
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies, procedures;
• Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City’s Safety Handbook.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
• Five (5) years’ experience in airport operations and facility maintenance including at least two (2) years of supervisory or lead experience; and
• Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Desirable Qualifications :
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Airport Management or a related field;
• Federal Aviation Administration Automated Weather Observation System (FAA-AWOS) Maintenance Certification;
The position available is a regular full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and a MVRRS (Motor Vehicle Record Request System) check as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination may vary if determined necessary.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.